near Jerusalem, Israel, 1962
In 1961 the Ministry of Housing commissioned us to design a group of twenty houses for the Arab refugees from the 1948 War of Independence.
Two types of houses were designed, a rectangular and a square one. Both were based on the same method of construction; local stone for the bearing walls and corrugated metal vault elements, in two layers, for the roof.
The houses were designed for expansion on the land adjacent to the development.
Israeli Ministry of Housing